Thursday, February 01, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Random topic. Yes, I know. But every once in awhile, a girl just needs to be a girl. So I have decided to start a list of my favorite products...

Favorite Lotion: Last month, I would have said my favorite lotion was anything from the Henri Bendel product line. That was until I discovered that the lotion's scent decomposes over the course of a year to an utterly rancid smell. My new favorite lotion comes from the H2O product line. The lotions are light weight yet very moisturizing, not overly thick like the Bath & Body Works body creams, and they lack the oily residue of the Body Shop's body butters, a definite plus.

Favorite Perfume: This is always a hard one for me. But I am a big fan of CoCo Mademoiselle. It's got a kind of rose/jasmine thing going on, but is not quite as heavy as Michael Kors, though I also think his perfume is fabulous as well.

Favorite Mascara: My latest mascara purchase was Benefit's BADgal Lash Mascara, which is pretty good, though super hard to use. The wand it way too fat and thus hard to manipulate. I got suckered into buying it by an over zealous Macy's make-up counter representative. (Watch out for them. I think they might be on commission or something.) Still it is kind of fun to use a product called BADgal. However, in my opinion, the best product on the market is Prescriptives False Eyelashes. Forget the curling iron and other medieval torture devices, this stuff gives eyelashes major curl and oomph!

Favorite Lip Stuff: My favorite lip gloss has got to be DuWop Lip Venom in Snowberry. The color is fantastic and has a little sparkle. But I like it because it is tingly and has a lip plumper. Fabulous stuff. I must buy more.

Favorite All Around Product: Talk about practical make-up. benetint works wonders as a blush and a lip stain (makes it look like you just had a cherry flavored popsicle). Sadly the glass packaging can lead to mishaps when the bottle falls on a tiled bathroom floor...

Favorite Make-up Brand: Well, I gotta say, hands down it is Benefit. They have a great array of products with fun names and packaging. I have their powder, foundation, concealer (it really does conceal as it heals), mascara (though not so much by choice), and lip stain. Honestly, I can't even think of a runner up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love Benefit products. They are amazing. Half my makeup is from them (which actaully isn't a lot). My mascara from Benefit has the catch line: "It's like a push up bra from your lashes!" That makes me laugh.

Mango Kiwi said...

who bought you that DuWop lipgloss!?! somebody AWEsome, that's who! I like Lancome mascara because its not too think and clumpy. Someone aweSOME also bought you that.

sonia said...

S - Are you hinting that you in fact may be AWEsome?

Reena - I wonder who bought you that Benefit mascara... hmmm...