Saturday, November 25, 2006

Why I No Longer Like Grey's

I simply can *not* abide by Grey's any longer. It irritates the crap out of my why??
  • I have never seen a more annoyingly, self-absorbed character on TV since Ally McBeal and Tyra Banks.
  • The whole Prestina (I made that up Prestina. Prestina = Preston Burke + Christina Yang) storyline. Christina has generally been a bitch to Burke from the very beginning. (1) She lied to Burke about moving in with him when she kept her own apartment. (2) She left him when he got shot and was unable to use his hand. (3) She pushed him into performing surgery too soon. (4) She became the boss of him. Call me old-fashioned, but I like a guy who can stand up for himself. And Christina emasculated Burke. On top of that, she rats him out. Now some who believe in the kinder, gentler Christina might believe her conscience got the best of her. But those of who actually watch the show realize that Christina's conscience is stunted and most of anything/everything she does is driven by self-interest. She is Darwin's survival of the fittest at its finest. I think she turned in Burke because he embarrassed her in the OR. Lame! I guess they are just trying to write Isaiah Washington off the show since he choked McDreamy.
  • Izzy. Will the Denny storyline never die? Denny died. Can't we just let the storyline rest in piece. I am not sure Izzy even realizes that she did anything wrong by cutting Denny's LVAD wire. If the hospital is going to fire Burke for operating with a slight tremor, then they should definitely fire Izzy for stealing a heart and trying to send a patient into cardiac arrest.
  • What a waste of McSteamy. I was hoping he and Addison would get together, but look likes it is going to be Addex (yes, that would be Addison + Alex). Not sure I am loving this idea. Now I know Justin Chambers was supposed to be a Calvin Klein underwear model or something of that sort. But honestly, he just doesn't do it for me. There is something slightly neanderthal-ish about him.

Now there are plenty of other things about the show I do not like. In fact, the only thing I even moderately like is George. I think I am going to switch back to CSI. Grissom may be annoying, but the show itself tends not to be.

No comments: