Monday, November 06, 2006

A Night of Revelations

I thought this was actually one of the better episodes of Desperate Housewives in awhile.
  • Romancing the Stone. I liked the shout out to the old Michael Douglas - Kathleen Turner movie. The Gabby-Carlos pairing has improved significantly since they decided to give Carlos a backbone. His line about Gabby screaming dollar amounts when she climaxes was pretty funny. Let's see what happens next week. It appears the on-again, off-again couple are back on-again. The writers need to give these two something else to do before they turn into the Ross and Rachel of Desperate Housewives -- oh, wait. They already have...
  • The Chinless Wonder. There is something about Julie that has been bothering me for awhile, and I finally figured it out. She has no chin. The doctors from Grey's need to get her some chin implants - Stat! Seriously, looking at her is almost painful because now I know what it is about her that is bothering me. And the sad thing is, she isn't unattractive. Still it looks like Julie has hit pay dirt because if the previews are to be believed she is going to be hooking up with Edie's nephew. And while Austin may not be as hot as John the Gardner, he is definitely a notch up from Zach the psycho stalker/murderer or any of the other Wisteria teenagers (e.g., Andrew the gay sociopath). Besides which, I kind of like the way they snark at each other.
  • How the mighty have fallen. Bree has been ever more annoying since she became Mrs. Orson Hodge. I don't even understand how their whirlwind romance occurred, and I am a little disappointed that Andrew hasn't tried to bust it up. But perhaps he is waiting for the union to go up in flames, as I am sure it will. Still Bree is largely responsible for what happened. Carolyn Bixby is as Stepford-ish as Bree. Bree should have known learning of her husband's affair would send Carolyn over the deep end. And then to turn a grocery store hostage situation into a gourmet, TV-viewing event, is beyond tacky. The Bree I know and love from Season One never would have done that...
  • The Body. How is it that Edie is always in the smallest outfits possible? She had some fabulous lines in today's show though... (1) when she tells Austin that she's disappointed he didn't steal better whisky, (2) when she tells Mr. Bixby to "take one for the team"... I wonder what she is going to say when she finds out that her nephew is hooking up with the spawn of her arch-nemesis.
  • The Death. There was no one else to kill besides Nora, yet some how her death seemed a bit too pat. It tied up the Tom-Lynette storyline a bit to cleanly. Still it was great that she managed to call Lynette a "stupid bitch" before she died...

Did I miss any other important moments in the show? Let me know!

4 comments:

Esha said...

I think that bree of season 1 would definatly have made the hors d'orves. I thought it was very character fitting.

What wasn't fitting was carolyn bigsby turning into a homocidal maniac.

sonia said...

You really think so? Making hors d'orves is totally Bree. But being tacky is not. I feel like the old Bree would have been aghast at the idea of a shoot out at the grocery store...

I wonder what will happen when Orson's mum comes to visit...

Esha said...

i guess orson's mom and he fight all the time. Im guessing a clash..kinda like rex's mom.

sonia said...

I am so bored of Orson, his mama, and Bree and her crazy kids. They are like scary dysfunctional!

Though what is up with the pedophile who saved Lynette. He is actually kind of scary, and it is like the most realistic situation in DH across all seasons. Pretty creepy, no?