Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Kind of Crazy

Divine Intervention (e.g. Punishment)
I have never quite forgiven Nick Saban for leaving the Spartans right when he was at the cusp of turning them into a real program. He left for LSU where he had a grand ole time stomping over the SEC, while State slowly sunk deeper and deeper into the Big Ten morass. But finally, it appears that Saban too will have to face the pain of mediocrity. Saban thy punishment is a PAC-10 quarterback, and to fans from the state of Michigan, not one held in particularly high regard. Maybe Joey Harrington can work some of his Duck magic down in Miami because he rarely showed it up in Detroit. But it is doubtful. Saban will have his comeuppance as he watches the Dolphins season turn into mush!

Sweet Revenge
Personally I think Manningham is a fabulous player and fun to watch and I will certainly cheer for him when he goes pro. But for now he is a Michigan player and I rather despise him. Although I generally take joy in the Wolverine's pain, it seems rude to smile over potentially injured players. Still the reports of Manningham's injury seem strange. I do not recall any really hard tackles. Yes, Hart was a little roughed up, but Manningham? Maybe I missed it. Looks like Penn St. may have their chance for some sweet revenge after all. And if they in fact get some, I think I may smile just a little wider.

Mushrooms
Generally, I hate mushrooms. Mushrooms in pizza, mushrooms in risotto, mushrooms in Thai food - I just can't stand it. 'shrooms, I have never tried. That being said, I do find the mushrooms and toadstools that grow in my mothers garden interesting in a clinical sort of way. But mushroom clouds are not interesting especially when being created by a silly, little, despotic man in the Korean Peninsula with a fixation on buxom, Swedish women.

How could Bush let this happen? Saddam for all his wonderfully, heinous qualities was quite nicely contained in the Middle East. All he wanted to do was lord over his own people and make occasional proclamations about his fabulousness. Kim Jong-Il is a bit of a psycho and no one knows what he wants. With Saddam, we kind of knew what he wanted. And now in North Korea gets to join the nuclear club as the most unstable member since Pakistan. Honestly, Saddam never scared me. But North Korea does. The Bush administration made a nice mess of this one by not talking to the Kim Jong-Il, and now there is really nothing to be done.

Buying YouTube
Everyone knows Google has money pouring out of its ears. And if I had money like Google had money, I too would go on a crazy, over-priced shopping spree. But I would like to think I wouldn't buy something, like say a baby pit bull, that could grow up to bite me in the ass.

As much as I love YouTube and trust me I do, it is a Napster waiting to happen. And with Google's deep pockets you better believe the media/content providers will be getting in line to get a piece of the pie. I feel rather bad for Google's internal counsel, they are going to be busy! And talk about a windfall for external council. If only I had gone to Law School. Instead of being an ambulance chaser, I could have been a Google-victim chaser.

No comments: