Sunday, September 10, 2006

Still Honeymooning with Michigan State Football

Football Roundup - Week 2

As a Michigan State fan there is must to be grateful at the end of this the 2nd football Sunday.
  1. Drew Stanton is hot. Ok. So he isn't ridiculously hard on the eyes as far as football players go. But excluding today's interception, he's back in form. I swear I will pick him as my QB for my fantasy team next year. I mean seriously 5TDs, I bet Henne is jealous.

  2. So Matt Trannon isn't really that hot. But he did pass for like 40yards today (didn't know he did that), and he caught for way more. 3TDs. I just hope he doesn't hurt himself before the basketball season starts.

  3. Henne barely cracked 100 passing yards today. It's unclear to me how he plans to compete against Brady Quinn next week. Nothing would make me happier than seeing the Fighting Irish beat Michigan next week and lose to State the week after. I love it.

  4. So I already waxed poetic about Stanton. But seriously, the boy can run and throw at the same time. Please please let this be the year Michigan State does something.

The rest of the Big Ten did well today too, well for the most part (excluding the ugliness in South Bend and the West Coast). I liked seeing Ohio State kick Texas' ass. I just don't like Texas. As a state, I wish they would break off and form their own country. But alas, I will just have to settle for watching them get thrashed in football.

I was rather distressed by Minnesota's inability to put Cal away. If there is a league I have no respect for it is Pac-10 football. They suck and their QBs choke. Every single one... remember Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington (he hurts the most, ran the friggin' Lions franchise into the ground, with some help of course). If anyone can name me a keeper let me know and it better not be Jake the Snake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PAC-10 players are such clowns