Monday, July 03, 2006

Bad Customer Service, Ass Kissers, and Short Skirts

Live without internet is hard. Unbelievably hard. But like they say, if it doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger. And let me tell you, my feelings of dislike for RCN have only gotten stronger. Three bloody weeks. They made me wait three whole weeks before hooking up my internet. That is just unacceptable! I wish I had taped my calls with RCN customer service like that guy did with AOL. It only took him 22 minutes to reach a customer service agent and plead his case. It took me like 90 minutes. My roommate can attest to that.

So given that over three weeks have elapsed since my last post, I am not even sure where to begin. But here goes nothing...
  • I finally had a chance to read "A Million Little Pieces" or whatever James Frei called his book. Quite frankly, I barely believed a word of what he wrote. I mean the basic plotline of being an alcohol-abusing, druggie -- that part I believed. But all the details of tooth pulling and the like, I mean honestly. Is Oprah that dumb? Are his publishers idiots? Apparently.

  • How on earth did Honda think it was a good idea to build an auto plant in Indiana? How the heck did Michigan not get this plant? I am not sure who I think is dumber... Michigan or Honda because an argument could be made for both. By building their plant in Michigan, Honda could have gained access to a talented and experienced labor pool, courtesy of GM, at a time when the Unions all recognize the need to work together with management. At the same time Michigan could have at least have gained some jobs. It pains me to see my state being run into the gutter. And quite frankly Michigan is a smarter state that Indiana. We have better schools and aren't crazy, religious, red-staters who go cow tipping. (Ok, so maybe that was a bit harsh, but everyone I know from Indiana has been cowtipping at least once. At least in Michigan we just riot after football and basketball teams.)

  • Why is John McCain kissing Bush's ass again? I hope his lips get stuck there. Let's see him try to run for President then.

  • Matt Lauer have you sunk to a new low? Interviewing Britney Spears. I feel sorry for you. After the Tom Cruise interview last year, I had high hopes for you. And Brit, if you want people to take you seriously as a mother, an artist, and more importantly, as an adult. Act like one! Miniskirts and tops so low cut you could pop out at any second don't exactly inspire confidence. (PS. Neither does a husband named K.Fed)

No comments: