Friday, May 12, 2006

More Random Thoughts

For those of you who actually read this blog, you may have noticed that I have lots of random thoughts. Here are a few.
  • I read this pink book, Family Trust, last week. I expected it to be good. It was by the same author as Legally Blonde. But it was wretched. Positively wretched. One of the main characters was supposed to be some financial whiz kid. Reality check - having spent more than a significant amount of time in the world of financial services, she is a figment of the imagination... pure fiction. Once I realized that at 24 going to night school for an MBA while managing the Morgan Stanley equity research technology group was non-plausible, I rapidly lost interest in the story. Likely you will too. Need a good pink book? Try Sex and the Single Girl, it really was rather amusing in a 1950's sort of way.
  • Tiaras really are a lot of fun to wear. Sadly I cannot be a princess.
  • Big Brother is back. No, not the TV show, which I believe was finally officially cancelled. But Big Brother (aka. the Bush Administration and the NSA) have been collecting data from the phone companies on what numbers we have been dialing. So as Mr. Bush keeps telling us that he is "fiercely protecting" our privacy and not engaging in any "mining or trolling" through our lives, the NSA is doing just that. Mining the data to find calling patterns that will help them find terrorists. I am all for finding terrorists, but do you really need mine, everyone's!, personal information to do this. Quite frankly, I feel the government is violating my trust, privacy, and constitutional rights.
  • Chris Daughtery, Idol loser, becomes Fuel frontman. That's crazy! But then again, I also thought it was crazy that Brittney Spears got as big (in the fame and $$ sort of way, not the preggers sort of way) as she did. Not to mention Christina who is trying her darnedest to channel the drag queen version of Marilyn Monroe. But anyway, back to Chris. I didn't watch much Idol, but I thought he was good. And back in the day, I did love Fuel.
  • You gotta check out this site: http://www.youtube.com, it has literally every single video of anything you could ever want to see. Amazing!
  • How can anyone not love to see the Bad Boys dominate? The Pistons as per usual rock, and are at the top of the East and have the most wins overall. Yeah take that Tony Parker. The things that make me sad... poor Allen Iverson. He is like the awesomest player ever. Besides KG, also a sad story, what the heck is going on in Minneapolis? But somehow Philly just isn't hot these days not even with a transfusion of Chris "I love to hog the ball" Webber. That boy is bad news. I hope they cut him loose. In the mean time, nothing could me happier than seeing the Lakers go down, see Shaq be humbled, and see the Wallaces' carry the Piston's to another Title.

1 comment:

Mango Kiwi said...

ben wallace is my husband, did i mention that?