Tuesday, April 18, 2006

News and Buzz

  1. Wow! Oprah has gained some serious poundage. Last week she announced that she was no longer going to act as the cover girl for her magazine "O", because she wanted to give others the opportunity (read: I am too fat to be a cover model). But until I watched today's show I did not realize how much weight she had gained. It was weird. Also weird was her unexpected (read: totally and completely staged) phone call with Jennifer Aniston during. Please they have been running bloody promos advertising the episode for the past week.
  2. So I started watching this new show "What About Brian". Now after watching the lead guy, Barry Watson (I had to Google him to find out his name -- please believe me!), in the stellar flick "Sorority Girls", I wasn't expecting all that much. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Okay, so the storyline about the open marriage is stupid and kind of freaky and I am not old or mature enough to understand the challenges of being infertile, but the other three characters are fairly likeable.
  3. Tom Cruise and Katie (should I call you Kate?) Holmes totally creep me out! Infinitely reliable sources (e.g., "Life & Style" and "In Touch") have pictures showing the size of Katie's stomach fluctuating on a daily basis. One day she looks bloated and the next day like she is giving birth to a football team. What gives?? And Tom Cruise? Where to begin with that nut job. I caved and saw "War of the Worlds" last summer, but I will remain strong this summer and not see "Mission Impossible III", not much of a sacrifice considering how much the last one sucked.

No comments: