Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Something New

Are you bored of the iPod yet? I certainly am. When I first purchased my iPod way back when, it was new, it was cool, it was trendy, and it was exclusive. Now everyone and their mother (and possibly even their father) have one. Taking the T, all you see are the white ear buds. I am definitely on the market for a new portable music player. But I refuse to pay the requisite $300 for another iPod that everyone already has. I want something new and special and am more than willing to pay for it. So why don't the consumer electronic companies make something. Perhaps it could be circular instead of rectangular, pastel instead of white, have a bigger screen with buttons on the side instead of the scroll bar. But no! Everyone just copies the iPod. (See Samsung's new iPod clone.)

No comments: