Sunday, April 29, 2007

Understanding the NFL Draft

So I have played fantasy football, so I do have some vague sense of how the draft is supposed to work. That being said, I am totally baffled by this year's draft. Why so many defensive ends, defensive tackles, and offensive tackles in the first round? And why oh why, did the stupid Lions draft another friggin' wide receiver? I mean you need a couple of them, and I guess they are all about the spread offense. But a wideout is totally useless if there is not someone to get the ball in their hands. Hello - QB much?

Apparently, sensing my paranoia yesterday, the Lions did draft Drew Stanton. Now I love the idea of a hometown boy being a starting quarterback, but eh... I still see chokesville in his future. Detroit seems to lack good coaches and good supporting players, but it can't be any worse that what was going on in East Lansing.

While I want to be excited for the Lions, I have decided not to hold my breath. I remember what happened with Joey Harrington... oh the pain...

No comments: