Monday, April 23, 2007

Polar Bears



I am watching my polar bear cam right now. I like polar bears. They are cute. It is sad that the government refuses to accept global warming is a reality. The melting of the polar ice caps may not result in the flooding of Manhattan as depicted in Al Gore's movie 'An Inconvenient Truth', but it will certainly be problematic for polar bears. They aren't the world's most fabulous swimmers. They are dependant on the ice as a platform for hunting seals.


How can you not want to protect polar bears?


2 comments:

sonia said...

I forgot to cite my pictures. They are from the National Geographic website!

Anonymous said...

Polar bears are super cute! Random thing: So in my high school government class we were supposed to give reasons either for or agaisnt building a pipeline in Alaska. This one girl said that we should because the heat from the pipes would keep the polar bears warm. I wonder how dumb you have to be to come up with an idea like that.