Monday, April 30, 2007

The Name Game

It must suck to be a celebrity kid. You get saddled with the most god awful names. Now normal people give their kids names like Dan, Mike, Sara, and Jennifer. But apparently that is just too bland for celebs. I guess their kids need names that prove they are unique and privileged...

Apple Martini it used to be my favorite drink. Apprently it is Gwenyth's too!

And poor Chastity Bono. Not only did she have to live down her mother's exploits in real life and in drag queen renditions, but she had to do it while saddled with the name Chastity. That is just place rude! I wonder if that is why she is gay?

And what is the deal with all the city named kids? Paris Hilton, Brooklyn Beckham, Ireland Baldwin. Are they all named after places they were conceived? Talk about ew! No kid should be forced to think about such things on a daily basis. Interestingly a lot of kids are also named after months, August seems particularly popular. But I'll believe it when someone names their kid October.

Richard Gere has got to be one of the worst offenders in the name game. I am not sure if he is just clueless or truly has a mean streak. Homer James Jigme Gere. Now apparently, the poor sucker is named after his grandfather, but honestly when I hear the name Homer all I think off is a fat, loutish, yellow, beer guzzling cartoon character.

Got any other particularly bad names to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I have a child, I am totally going to name him/her after whatever drug I will be taking to relieve the pain. :)