Saturday, November 11, 2006

The National Geographic

I love the National Geographic. When I was a kid, my parents got me National Geographic kids. tucked away, somewhere underneath my bed are the scrapbooks I made by clipping photos from National Geographic articles. And if I am really honest with myself, what I would love to do some day is become a National Geographic photographer.

Anyway, the National Geographic website is pretty awesome. And the other day I discovered these webcams they have. (You need Real Player to watch).
  • The Polar Bear Cam - It's great. The Polar Bears seem to hang out right in front of it. One of them sleeps a lot, and the others seem to fight/play. I am not sure which actually. But seeing as how I have no plans to go to Alaska or the Arctic Circle anytime soon, this lets me pretend.
  • The Africa Cam - This one is less exciting for me since I spent some time in Africa already. The animals are your standard safari animals. But it is still pretty cool.
  • The Kakadu Cam - Good for checking out crocodiles. This Cam makes me feel guilty for wanting a crocodile purse...

No comments: