Monday, September 11, 2006

Losing my Love for Football?

Every year I enter at least one March Madness pool. The process from start to finish is full of angst and stress and considerable cursing. But it hasn't ruined my love for college football. However, I am concerned that my decision to try manage my Fantasy Football teams is going to destroy any interest I have (which is already limited) in the NFL.

Honestly, how much is a girl supposed to take?

Trent Green gets taken out and as a result Johnson and Kennison have particularly shitty games. Johnson who is supposed to run for over 100 yards a game. I am crying. Talk about a waste of a first round pick.

And what happened to Hasselbeck? Jesus. The superbowl MVP without a touchdown. Although in all fairness several of the *touted* QBs appear to have choked, including Palmer. Thankfully, I unlike some did not waste a 2nd round pick on him.

And the Tampa Bay defense. What was up with that? I remember them always being hard hitting, and instead they allow 21 points. 21 points. Sheesh.

I don't even want to talk about the utter and complete inadequacy of my WRs. I am definitely feeling some bitterness set in right now. And the worst part, is I can't ignore it and hope things sort themselves out (like I do with March Madness). No I actually have to actively manage my team and trade players and shit. Shit. I don't wanna.

No comments: